Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We've been busy




It's been a bit since our last update. The whole family came down with that wonderful stomach virus. Sage started it. He likes to share so he promptly gave it to Mommy and Daddy got it a few hours later. It was lots of fun. Fortunately, we are past all that now.

After everyone was healthy we took a trip to Darrington for the Happy Day Dinner. They have it once a year. They have an auction to raise money for the Funeral Dinners throughout the year. It's a good time and I just love the name. "Happy Day Dinner" does it get any better than that?

The next weekend, we headed down to Montesano to visit my Dad. It was a nice time visiting with Grandpa. We saw some crazy weather in our short visit. We had snow, rain, and sunny weather in our two day visit. Sage had a good time playing with Grandpa's strings on his sweatshirt. Jessie, as always, enjoyed her belly rubs as she sprawled out on her special side of the couch.

Now to some sad news. Unfortunately, we experienced another miscarriage. We found out during our routine ultrasound on Friday. It's been a difficult weekend but we're getting through it. It has been wonderful having Sage to make us laugh and smile. I am still recovering and Jones is doing a great job taking care of Sage and me.

Sage is going to start swimming lessons at the end of the month. We are really excited. I promised my Mom before she passed away that I would start my kids swimming early. It was very important to her. I have to agree. I have no memory of not knowing how to swim so I'm thrilled to get Sage in the water early. Based on how much he likes his baths and loves to kick those legs, I think he'll be a natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment